Update by user Sep 30

WARNING to NetTALK customers who are leaving, and attempting to port out their number: It took me over a WEEK to pry my number loose from them. Pro Tip - Ask them directly for the T-Mobile account number and PIN# and tell your new carrier you are just porting from T-Mobile. My port request was blocked because my account number NetTALK gave me was not what was required for a successful port.

Original review posted by user Sep 27

NetTALK looked like a spectacular deal, on the T-Mobile network for half the price of T-Mobile directly.I used the service for 1 year, here is what I learned: No Customer Service, No International Roaming, Delays Porting Out 1.

When outside the USA, making calls using International Roaming is disabled. Multiple e-mails and interaction with company officials up to a Vice President confirmed that the ability to roam was "blocked" on the T-Mobile reseller platform, and there was no way to work around it. My observation is that NetTALK does not appear to have a system that can pass through billing for roaming charges, and probably why it is disabled. FALSE ADVERTISING since they advertise as a T-Mobile ONE plan.

2. When support is needed, there is no real person that can be contacted. Their online chat support and e-mail support are the same, and a response can be up to 24 hours, if they respond at all. Their website for account management is terrible, might as well not be there at all.

3. When porting my number out, I sent an e-mail support request to authorize the port so they can update their system to release my number. Their first tier support could not even handle it, giving the excuse "we are just a SIM card reseller" - had to be escalated, very telling.

My new phone arrived 5 DAYS later, still no responses from NetTALK.The new carrier could not port my number until NetTALK finally updated their system, some time later it finally ported.

Review about: Nettalk Technical Support.

Had an Experience with Nettalk?

Comments