Atlanta, Georgia

Worst VOIP company possible.I dont even think they have real tech support.

they have literally ignored me for months and all of their "do it yourself" tech help is useless. if i was able to make a phone call it was so choppy that i often just gave up. I left magic jack to use net talk because i thought it would be cheaper! Magic Jack is the better company and has the better service, support, setup, etc.

If you are in the market for affordable Voice over Internet Protocol the best route to take is Magic Jack!i plugged in my MJ and was making phone calls with great clarity and no problems in less than a couple minutes.

Review about: Nettalk Duo.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Nettalk Phone Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $50
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Nettalk?

Comments

New London, Missouri, United States #1341639

Phone numbers below are no longer in service.

netTALK-Support
#1012094
Nettalk Verified Representative

Hello freevageeter,

We completely agree with you in your post.The fact is that we have grown and unfortunately outgrew our support team much too quickly.

We truly do apologize for the very poor customer service that you received from us, and We assure you, we are doing everything we can to better our customer service experience. We have made many improvements, including increasing our support team and the hours that they work. We have a 24 hour support team now. Also we now have phone support, so you can give us a call to get any issue you have resolved by phone.

Just give us a call for U.S. Support 2106069700 and for Canadian Support 6474934529.

We hope you will provide us with another chance in the future to offer you phone service.Have a HAPPY AND PRODUCTIVE day and year.

net talk is junk

net talk is pure garbage please dont take this down let everyone see them for who they are. Magicjack is garbage to let them lose a few custumers and maybe they will start treating there old custumers with respect i would never use them again

Steven S

Nettalk's customer service is indeed terrible, but the service usually works well and is very very cheap.You should make sure your router's firmware is upgraded.

Know that they don't give refunds. If problems occur, they will be slow to respond. Best to have a backup cellphone service if you can't bear ever to be disconnected.

But hey, unlimited US calls for $29.95/yr + tax.Works well 99% of the time and it's a good deal for me!

Keith
Denver, Colorado, United States #792339

PS, I've been using the Obi VOIP for over 2 years and it works flawlessly.

Keith
Denver, Colorado, United States #792335

They have a 100% no refund policy.So if you got billed a year in advance because you forgot about it (and there is no way to delete you credit card information from their system) then too bad, you are out of luck.

The only way to get them to undo it is to reverse the charges with the credit card company and everyone knows how hard that is.

I bought their device a year ago and never could get it to work. There was no support after using their "ticket" system time and time again. The tickets go into the trash bin.

Don't expect them to ever reply.They should be investigated by the FTC and shut down.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada #688224

I had a surprise on my bill!!! In late May they have multiplied by 10 international rate to Switzerland WITHOUT NOTICE. It costs now 10$ per hour!

David

Just like you I am completely frustrated with their service.They had an outage in the last week of Mar 13 to first or early second week of Apr 13.

I had to buy calling cards to call India. Now they are putting a limit of 600 mins. This is ridiculous. This is cheating, scam.

Now that I signed up for one year I have to stick with them??This is absolute scam :sigh :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

none
to David #673852

well i sold my net talk on ebay for 20 bucks to get some cash back so i could buy a magic jack.i would like to stress that from the time i bought it and plugged it in i HAVE NOT HAD ONE SINGLE PROBLEM AT ALL with magic jack.

i know that could just be situation but many people i have spoken with admit the same thing. plus the 20 bucks a year isn't bat at all especially there is not limit on minutes.

i don't make any over seas calls so i really cant comment there.sorry to hear you had a similarly unsatisfactory experience.